Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Lions: Reggie Bush wants to return

ALLEN PARK, Mich. - Detroit Lions running back Reggie Bush says he wants to stay with the team next season, according to MLive.com.

"I don't know, I haven't thought about that," Bush said when asked about his place on the team next year. "I still have two years on my contract, so until somebody tells me otherwise, I'm planning on being back here."

Bush was bothered by ankle injuries over this season, appearing in 11 games for Detroit, rushing 76 times for 297 yards, adding 253 yards through receptions.

"It's hard to say what my role really was when I was injured most of the season," he said. "I don't plan to get injured. It's part of the game and I plan to come back stronger, like I do every year."

Detroit ranked 28th in rushing this season (88.9 ypg) behind Bush and starter Joique Bell, who notched seven touchdowns on 860 yards.

Bush, who is not a free agent, is scheduled to make $3.5 million next season and $4 million the season after, and as his cap number for 2015 in $5.28 million, the Lions would save nearly $2 million in salary cap should they cut him.

"I think I have a lot left to give this game," he told the Detroit Free Press. "My body still feels pretty good, obviously with the exception of the injuries that I went through. But my body feels good, I don't feel worn down, I don't feel beat up as a running back."

Bush rushed 8 times for 37 yards in the Lions' 24-20 defeat to the Cowboys in an NFC Wild Card game last Sunday. His 8 yard touchdown rush, his second this season, capped off a 99 yard drive in the first quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment