Thursday, January 1, 2015

Steelers: Bell (knee) still has not practiced

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell is yet to practice this week before hosting the Baltimore Ravens this Sunday in an AFC Wild Card game.

"I just did little things in the training room, tried to test it a little bit, see how it was," Bell told the Steelers website. "I feel really good. I didn't expect to be feeling this well this early. But I am, so I'm just going to take it day by day and see where it goes."

Bell hyperextended his right knee in Pittsburgh's regular season finale when Bengals safety Reggie Nelson collided with it on a rush attempt. He did not return to the second half of that game as the victorious Steelers were outrushed 116-29. Twenty of those yards were Bell's. 

The second year back, who will likely be listed as questionable before Sunday's game, has no structural or ligament damage and is walking without a limp.

Rookie Josh Harris was signed from the Steelers' practice squad last month and will likely play should Bell be limited or out.

He has 16 yards rushing in nine attempts through five games this season. In relief of Bell on Sunday night he had a 59 yard gainer, most of which was taken off by penalty.

"It's tough because I just sit at home and say I wish that we could play now," Harris said. "I'm just going to take full advantage of the time [to prepare]. I want to be that guy who, when had his shot, he did all he could to help out his team."

Bell is confident in his would-be replacement.

"Josh is a very good player," he said via the Beaver County Times. "I've been watching him all year. I know what he's capable of. You got a little glimpse of it in the Bengals game. I was happy to see he broke a long run. You saw the speed a little bit. He's definitely ready."

No comments:

Post a Comment