Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chargers: Jarret Johnson announces retirement

SAN DIEGO - Former Chargers and Ravens linebacker Jarret Johnson has announced he will retire from football after a 12 year career.

"I lived a dream which few can say but it's time to move on," he said on Instagram.

Johnson, drafted by Baltimore in the fourth-round of the 2003 Draft, finished his career with 506 tackles, 25.5 sacks, and 11 forced fumbles. He played nine seasons with the Ravens, missing only one game, joining the Chargers for three more years, missing only seven appearances.

A native of Florida, he featured at defensive end at Alabama, becoming the only two-time captain in school history. He left Tuscaloosa with the program's second-most sacks and tackles-for-loss.

"I want to thank the Chargers organization for giving me a home these past three years," Johnson added. "I have nothing but respect for the players, coaches, front office staff, and fans that were a part of me and my families lives. It's been a great ride!! I also want to thank my Baltimore family. Where I learned to be a pro and conduct yourself like a warrior on the field. Where I spent 9 of the best years of my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment