Friday, February 27, 2015

Vikings: Adrian Peterson releases statement

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has released a statement concerning his situation, following a ruling that overturned his suspension from football.

This is the entirety of his statement, via Pro Football Talk:

"I was pleased to learn about Judge Doty's decision," Peterson said in the statement. "It is a positive step in protecting players' rights and preserving due process for all players. It also beings me one step closer to getting back on the football field and playing the sport I love.

"As I prepare for my return to football, I am still focused on my family and continue to work to become a better father every day. I want to express my gratitude for all of the support I have received from the fans, NFLPA, Jeffrey Kessler, and my agents Ben Dogra, Tracy Lartigue, and Mark Heligman from Relativity Sports."

United States District Court Judge David Doty on Thursday overturned the arbitration decision that upheld his suspension, though Peterson is yet to be reinstated, instead being placed on the Commissioner-Exempt List, allowing him to return to the team.

Peterson is permitted to speak with the team while on the list, who can release him, trade him, or restructure his deal when the league year begins on March 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment