Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Browns' Terrelle Pryor faces "tall task"

Terrelle Pryor knew he had to change something if he was going to have a career in the NFL. Being a quarterback wasn't cutting it as he had hoped, so this offseason he made the switch to wide receiver.

The change in position came with a change of address when Pryor joined the Browns. While his teammates and coaches have been supportive and open to his contribution, two members of his new team expect a hard road ahead.

"It's a tall task," Browns pass catcher Brian Hartline told the Plain Dealer. "I've been doing it for 10 to 20 years.

"He'll probably be successful," he added.

"It's going to be very challenging for him," safety Donte Whitner said. "We're not going to make it easy on him."

Hartline was Pryor's target when both starred at Ohio State in recent years, and Whitner, a Cleveland native, was also a Buckeye before being drafted in 2006.

Pryor has been serious about his transition, partaking in receiving camps all this summer near Pittsburgh with former NFL receiver Randy Moss and current Steelers Pro Bowler Antonio Brown. He also took reps with presumed starting quarterback Josh McCown to get their timing straight ahead of camp.

"I believe I can do this," Pryor told the Plain Dealer. "When I work out and when I train to do something, I don't do it just to be OK. I believe in my heart with my God-given ability that I'm going to be the best. That's not being arrogant or cocky. No one outworks me, so I believe in my heart if I put my mind to anything, I can accomplish it."

The Browns could use an accomplishment of any kind in the wide receiver department. Cleveland posted the second-worst overall corps in football last season, snagging an NFL-worst 12 touchdowns.

@MrJamesParks

No comments:

Post a Comment