Saturday, December 20, 2014

Ryan: I'm not dead yet

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - The mark of any confident man is defiance in defeat.

Commanding a three-win football team that has more interceptions than touchdowns and likely soon to be out of a job, Jets head coach Rex Ryan is ready for one last stand against Bill Belichick, whose rings he valiantly vowed he would never kiss.

"I'm not dead yet," Ryan said Friday to the New York Post. "I'm always going to be me and that's just my personality. That's just who I am every day. Regardless of the good times, the bad times, or whatever, I think I'm consistent that way."

Whatever the Jets woeful record, Ryan has the support of his men, who want one last win over New England for their coach.

"Best way to go out -- if that's the case," linebacker Calvin Pace said, receiver Percy Harvin seconding and adding, "Guys will run through a wall for Rex."

Ryan had Belichick's number in what may have been his finest hour in the Big Town: the January 16, 2011 AFC Divisional playoff contest in Foxborough. Ryan's Jets notched two fourth quarter touchdowns for the seven-point lead after being handed a 45-3 decision by the Pats the previous month.




No comments:

Post a Comment