Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Bills: RB Spiller leaving town

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - On the same evening that found the Bills trade for running back LeSean McCoy from the Eagles, Bills running back C.J. Spiller has announced he will not return to the team next season.

He was told of the trade by Willie McGinest, host of NFL Total Access on the NFL Network, on which he was appearing, and minutes later received a telephone call from the Bills to inform him of the swap.

He had said previously that he was open to rejoining the team.

"I hoped that I could return [to Buffalo]," Spiller told the network. "Very few guys get to play their whole career at one team, but unfortunately that doesn't happen in this business and I found out today it doesn't happen in this business."

With the new hole in the Eagles backfield courtesy of the McCoy trade, Spiller wondered aloud if he could fill that spot.

"I'm pretty sure that Chip [Kelly] has my agent's phone number, so I'm pretty sure we might have to make a call over there," he said.

"I've never been in that type of system before," he said of Kelly's up-tempo scheme, "but I don't think I'd have any problem adjusting to it."

Spiller was slowed by injuries this season, carrying 78 times for 300 yards in nine appearances for Buffalo, though in a five-year career, all with the Bills, he has 12 touchdowns on 3,321 yards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment