Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Redskins sign DL Paea

ASHBURN, Va. - The Washington Redskins have made their first major free-agent acquisition of the offseason, signing defensive lineman Stephen Paea on Wednesday, the team announced.

Paea is coming off a career year with the Bears, notching 33 tackles and forcing two fumbles, adding six sacks last season in 16 starts.

"Other teams were offering me a little bit more, but the way Washington would use me in their defense was the reason I chose Washington," Paea told ESPN. "But whatever they feel that I would fit best, they'll put me in there. I'm there to help, not only playing the run but the pass. I'm all for that."

The Redskins did not announce the terms of the deal, though a source has told ESPN the contract is worth up to $21 million over four years, with $15 million guaranteed.

Paea, a New Zealand native, was drafted four years ago by Chicago in the second round, notching 94 tackles and 12 sacks in his career.

No comments:

Post a Comment