Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cortland Finnegan retires

Veteran cornerback Cortland Finnegan has announced he will retire after nine seasons with the Titans, Rams, and Dolphins.

"Spent 9 years doing something I Loved and it has payed off in so many ways," Finnegan wrote on his Instagram page.

Finnegan, a seventh-round pick by the Titans out of Samford in the 2006 NFL Draft, collected 645 tackles and 18 interceptions, adding 4 defensive touchdowns in his career.

"To say I have been blessed is an understatement I am forever thankful," he added. "I have made my share of mistakes and had moments of glory. I even got into a fight in an NFL game," speaking of a scuffle he and Texans receiver Andre Johnson got into in 2010, taking a swipe at Johnson, saying he "hits like a bish".

Finnegan, always known for his feistiness, spent two seasons in St. Louis before finishing his career with Miami last season, who released him on March 2.

"I'm thankful for the friends I made on and off the field love yAll. . . Time to move on and enjoy new people and new ideas. . I forgot to thank all the haters I love yAll to."

No comments:

Post a Comment