Sunday, March 1, 2015

Eagles' WR Maclin: "I want to be here"

PHILADELPHIA - Eagles wide receiver Jeremy Maclin is still confident he and the team can agree to a deal before free agency begins on March 10, according to Philly.com and other sources.

"I've always said I want to be here in Philadelphia, but I've also always said I understand it's a business," Maclin told the Daily News on Saturday at a team appearance. "Both sides have made it known that we both want each other back, so the rest of it is in God's hands. If it's supposed to happen, it'll happen. I want to be here."

The Eagles can give Maclin the franchise tag before the deadline on Monday until the two work out a multi-year deal, though as of yet there is little negligible talk of that happening. The six-year veteran is coming off a one-year, $5.5 million deal this season signed when he was nursing a torn ACL.

"It's part of the business," Maclin said when asked about being tagged. "I'm very attuned to what's going on, I'm very attuned to how everything works. My side and the Eagles, if we're going to come to a head, we will."

Maclin rebounded from his time off last season, snagging 10 touchdowns on 1,318 yards, all team-best marks, in the Eagles' 10-6 campaign.

There has been speculation, too, that Maclin could reunite with former Eagles coach Andy Reid in Kansas City, to join a Chiefs side in need of skill at the wide receiver position.

"You don't really know what's out there until free agency starts," Maclin said of the Chiefs talk. "I know on paper what teams look like they need receivers. I also understand, this is the place I want to be. We'll see what happens."

No comments:

Post a Comment