Monday, March 16, 2015

Patriots sign TE Chandler

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Tight end Scott Chandler was signed by the New England Patriots on Monday, the team announced.

Chandler, a seven-year veteran, started for the Chargers, Giants, and Cowboys, and for the last five seasons the Bills, hauling in 47 receptions for 497 yards and three scoring catches. 

"Obviously very excited to be part of a championship organization," Chandler told the team's website. "It's something I have I have always wanted to do with my career and now I get that chance. I am really looking forward to it."

Picked in the fourth-round of the 2007 NFL Draft out of Iowa, Chandler has 17 touchdown receptions on 182 catches for 2,120 career yards. 

2013 was a career year for Chandler, ending a 16 game campaign with 53 receptions and 655 yards and two scores.

"It was a lot of what I expected, very warm and inviting," Chandler said of his welcoming to the franchise. "I feel comfortable here. Mr. Kraft runs a top class organization and obviously Coach [Bill Belichick] does a great job of keeping everyone around here. It was very inviting. Everyone was really nice."

Chandler is expected to feature as a compliment to three-time Pro Bowl end Rob Gronkowski, and says he can provide anything the team will ask of him.

"I can do a little bit of everything as a tight end," Chandler said. "I am a veteran guy. I am a guy you can count on to know what to do and to do my job."

No comments:

Post a Comment