Monday, March 2, 2015

Eagles sign LB Brad Jones

PHILADELPHIA - Former Packers linebacker Brad Jones signed with the Eagles on Monday, the team's first free agent signing, according to sources.

Jones started 36 games for the Packers, playing in 76 total contests, after being drafted in the seventh-round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He featured at the outside position for three seasons before being moved inside for 22 games.

Inside is where the Eagles are hoping he will provide some help after long-time starter DeMeco Ryans missed the latter half of last season with a torn Achilles tendon. 

And his replacement, Casey Matthews, will become an unrestricted free agent after starting 11 games for the Eagles last year.

"I came out here and I think that I kind of immediately knew that the atmosphere out here is different than anywhere else," he told Eagles.com. "The things that are going here, with the staff and with the players, it's completely different than any other organization I've been with. I'm excited."

Jones has 258 tackles, 10 sacks, and and two forced fumbles (1 recovery) in a six-year career.

"I think the group of guys and the coaching staff, just everybody [in Philadelphia], it's a different feeling out here," he said. "It's good, it's unique, and I wanted to be a part of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment